Have a Question?
Table of Contents
< All Topics

US Citizens & Working in the UK

There main route available to US citizens seeking to work in the United Kingdom is via the UK Work Permit category.

In order to submit an application for a UK Work Permit you must have first received an offer of employment (in the form of a certificate of sponsorship) from a UK employer who holds a sponsor licence issued by the UKBA.

You must also meet a stringent points-based assessment which takes into account your qualifications, previous earnings and age, along with a requirement to meet the English language requirements and prove that you can support yourself without access to public funds.

You can learn more and read full details about the various work permit visa categories by visiting the links below.

  • UK Work Permits
  • UK Intra-Company Transfers
  • Work Permits for Sportspeople
  • Work Permit Extensions

Want to know if you’re eligible to work in the UK?

Talk to our experts and get the right advice first time, every time.

Ask Us Now