Have a Question?
Table of Contents
< All Topics

US Citizens & Studying in the UK

Students and prospective students who intend to stay in the UK for longer than six months, and those coming for less than six months but who wish to work or take an internship while studying, are also required to obtain a UK student visa or UK prospective student visa before travelling to the UK.

It is important to note that if you are an American citizen and you wish to make an application to enter the UK, you must be outside the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man when you make your UK visa application.

If you fail to secure the correct visa prior to arrival in the UK you will be refused entry.

Want to know if you’re eligible to study in the UK?

Talk to our experts and get the right advice the first time, every time.

Find Out Now

In accordance with Tier 5 of the UK’s points-based system, charity workers and religious workers, even those performing unpaid duties, are also required to obtain a suitable UK visa before attempting to travel to the United Kingdom.